1. Rehearsal Dates
Please remember the following rehearsal dates at MYMS and that we are closed for two weeks over half term:
- Friday 20 May – OPEN
- Friday 27 May – CLOSED
- Friday 3 June – CLOSED
- Friday 10 June – OPEN
- Friday 17 June – OPEN
- Concert dates are detailed below.
2. Concert Dates
Again this year, we have TWO concerts at the end of the summer term:
- Sunday 19 June – 3:00 pm to c. 4:30 pm – Bandstand Concert at Brenchley Gardens
- this is for all members of Alpha Band, Concert Band, MYWO and Beta Percussion Ensemble
- detailed arrangements for the concert will be circulated after half term;
- Friday 24 June – 7:30 pm – Summer Concert at Invicta GS
- the ensembles performing will be Orchestra for All, Youth Strings, MYMS Voices, the Youth Orchestra and MYWO again;
- the 2nd General Meeting will be held shortly before the concert starting at approximately 7:10 pm.
3. Kent Music Summer School – especially Youth Choirs
I have received an email from Liz Samson, Manager of the Kent Youth Choirs, about the Kent Music Summer School courses at Benenden School this summer. If you’re at all interested, please read the information below.
She would welcome applications from members of MYMS Voices – and especially from some of our junior choir members – for the choral courses listed on the links below or the pdf that is attached to this email.
Our conductor of MYMS Voices – Ciara Considine – is heavily involved in county singing groups and would be happy to talk to parents and students if you have any questions – or please contact Liz Samson directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Kent Music Summer School is a series of residential courses that are run at Benenden School during the summer holidays. Many of the courses still have spaces available. These courses provide an excellent opportunity for students to come together to enjoy music in a friendly, relaxed and safe environment.More information about all the courses can be found on this link, including two ‘taster’ videos for you to look at:More specific information about Junior Singing can be found on this link:If you would like to know more, do feel free to contact the Summer Schools administrator, Valerie Cordina, on email@example.com or the Manager of the Kent Youth Choirs, Liz Samson, who can advise you about the singing courses at the summer school, and future singing opportunities – firstname.lastname@example.org
All best wishes