To All MYMS Players and Parents, Staff and Committee Members
Firstly, Happy New Year to you all.
Spring Term 2019 – Restart on Friday 11 January 2019
Just to remind you all that MYMS restarts tomorrow afternoon/evening with all our rehearsals at the usual times.
Welcome back to everyone – and special welcomes to a number of new players who are starting this term and to Ben Knowles, the new conductor of the Youth Strings.
Dates for your new 2019 Diaries
To remind you of the dates circulated previously:
- Saturday 19 January 2019 – Maidstone Young Musician Competition at MGGS – see separate note below.
- Friday 22 February 2019 – MYMS is closed for half term.
- Friday 1 March 2019 – Proposed Pupils’ “Music at Night” Concert, likely to start at about 6:15 pm – more details to follow.
- Friday 29 March 2019 – MYMS Spring Concert at 7:30 p.m. at Invicta GS.
- Fridays 5, 12 & 19 April 2019 – MYMS is closed.
- Friday 26 April 2019 – MYMS restarts for the Summer Term.
- Friday 31 May 2019 –No MYMS [we shall be closed for only one Friday during half term].
- Friday 21 June 2019 – Summer Concert and Second General Meeting at Invicta GS.
- Sunday 23 June 2019 –STILL under discussion…… POSSIBLE Bandstand Concert at Brenchley Gardens at 3:00 p.m.— again, more details to follow.
Congratulations to Joseph Pickard
We are delighted to report that Joseph been offered a soprano cornet seat for the National Children’s Brass Band for 2019. Well done!
Maidstone Young Musician Competition – Saturday 19 January 2019 – 7:00 pm – Maidstone Girls’ Grammar School
Publicity for this competition evening was circulated at the MYMS Concert. Four of our current or recent students will be taking part – Annabel Beniston [double bass], plus brothers Thomas and George Hall [who moved to Broadstairs in the summer] are competitors, plus Joseph Pickard [last year’s winner] will be contributing to the programme. Do come and support them; tickets available on the door.
Possible Snow Closure
If the weather worsens at any stage this term and risks affecting our rehearsals, I will email everyone with updates.
We aim to give you as much notice as possible of our diary dates. Inevitably, diary clashes might occur. We have been informed by Kent Music that their Junior Recorder Festival and Concert will be taking place on the same date as our own Spring Concert – Friday 29 March 2019 – this MAY affect some families where younger siblings play the recorder.
Used Stamps for RNIB
Our Librarian, Barbie Vaughan, will again be delighted to relieve you of any used stamps you have been saving from all your Christmas post. Please hand them in at the MYMS Tuck Shop.
With all best wishes